Summers at the amusement park!
We’re on our fourth year of season passes to Cedar Point. There are days it can get a little tiresome with all the kids in toe. But every now and then we have a smooth kinda day.
This year, we finally discovered grilling! In the past I packed a couple sandwiches and off we went. Meanwhile, we’d smell the food all throughout the park and walk away due to there ridiculously high prices.
My pass is platinum. and it’s the ONLY way to go, for at least one of the drivers. Parking is free with a platinum pass. Otherwise, parking prices are off the hook! The kids get a regular pass. And it’s usually easier to do the payment plan. The days can get downright ‘SAUNA’ conditions! Hot cement, 90 degrees, crowds and chaos. However, Cedar Point does have a few other options for beating the heat, besides soak city.
Breaker’s Beach is FREE to pass holders, so take advantage of it! They also have jet ski rentals, para-sailing, boats and more.
Food prices, as I stated earlier, can be overwhelming. For platinum pass holders, there are a few places to eat with food discounts. Otherwise, if you have a big family, bring a cooler and lots of charcoal.
On especially hot days, we love to take in the FREE shows!
Frontier Land always has something going on…
All Wheels Extreme is Fabulous!
Or check out the museum!
There’s also a Petting Zoo….although, I’m not to thrilled about this one. It was so hot the day I took these pics. I can’t imagine what the animals felt.
And of course…Roller Coasters abound!
I have thousands of pics, way too many to upload for the purposes of this blog, but you get the idea. And so far I’ve listed a lot of Pros. So how about the Cons? Well…
1. They need to have multiple pavilions throughout the park. They have one you pay to use…only feet from the entrance. And one that’s free, right outside the entrance. That means a long walk whenever the kids get hungry. But that’s the idea…right??? They want you to buy their over priced food.
2. MOST of the ride workers are utterly clueless about what’s going on in the rest of the park. They can basically answer yes and no questions and repeat only one they are trained to for that ride.
3. Some of the rides have gotten stuck for long periods of time in 90 degree heat. Been there…done that!
4. Those people who shove a camera in your face the MOMENT you step foot in the park??? EXCUSE YOU! Why would I pay you for a pic I can take myself, edit and print out on my own for PENNIES! It’s like being bombarded by telemarketers, only in PERSON! Knock it off!
5. PUT SOME CLOTHES ON! Some of the guests feel the need to flaunt what they clearly DO NOT have. Cover that crap up!
As the year goes on, I’ll update. For now I have to go pick up my son at his buddies house;)